The current Lawrenceville Presbyterian Church was built in 1764 to replace an earlier meetinghouse built on the same site on Route 206 (alternately known as Main Street or Lawrence Road) by a congregation that arrived in Lawrence Township (then called Maidenhead Township) in 1698.
John Hart, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, was baptized in that old meetinghouse on December 31, 1713. Over the years the 1764 church was renovated, with significant expansions in 1833 and 1853. The cemetery that sits next to the church dates back to 1713 and contains the graves of Revolutionary War soldiers and colonial settlers.
The church offers Sunday School and other religious education for children and adults, with Sunday worship services at 10 a.m. (9:30 a.m. during the summer months). Sunday sermons are recorded and can be downloaded from the church's wesbite or from iTunes as a podcast.
- Fax: (609) 219-9460
- Handicap Accessible: Ramps
- Denomination: Presbyterian
- Services: Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs