Colonial Lake Park
Drag box to select area
Colonial Lake was formed in 1924 when the developers of the Colonial Lakelands housing development built a dam on the Shabakunk Creek to purposely flood a nearby low-lying section of land to create a swimming hole for the residents of the new community. Ownership of the lake was eventually turned over to Lawrence Township. Though swimming is no longer allowed, the lake is popular with local fishermen as it is stocked with fish every year by the New Jersey Division of Fish, Game and Wildlife. A 0.9-mile walking and jogging path circles three-quarters of the lake, and there are several tennis courts, swings and other playground equipment located in the park.
Brunswick Ave & Lake Dr, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
- Hours: Daily, sunrise - sunset