In 1936, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Trenton purchased a tract of land along Lawrence Road (Route 206) at Lawrence Avenue for the construction of Lawrence Township's first Catholic church. Since 1891, township Catholics had been attending Mass in a private home and in the chapel of Morris Hall, which opened in 1905.
The cornerstone of the old Saint Ann's Church was laid in 1938. That church stood for more than 40 years but was badly damaged by a fire in 1982. The old church was demolished and construction of the current Church of Saint Ann began in 1984. The first Mass was celebrated in the new church on December 21, 1985.
Today, Saint Ann's offers a daily Mass at 7am on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and at 8am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Saturday Vigil Eucharist Mass is celebrated at 5pm, while Sunday Eucharist Mass is celebrated at 7:30am, 9:30am, 11am and 12:30pm. Other services, such as baptisms and penance, are held several different times each month.
Parish offices, community meeting rooms and classrooms are located within the Faith Development Center, which is attached to the rear of the church.
Saint Ann School, a preschool through 8th grade grammar school run by the Diocese of Trenton, is located on Rossa Avenue behind the church.
- Fax: 609-882-4366
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Catholic
- Services: Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs