Editor's Note: The following is a news release issued by the Mercer County administration.
Mercer County will begin its annual fall leaf pickup program the week of Nov. 1. This program covers county-owned roadways only.
Through the month of November and early in December, the county’s Department of Transportation and Infrastructure will visit each of Mercer’s 13 municipalities to sweep leaf piles from curbsides.
Residents are reminded to rake leaves from their property into piles between the sidewalk and curb. Crews will not pick up leaves mixed with twigs, branches, stones or brush.
Do not park vehicles in front of leaf piles because crews will be unable to reach the piles. Do not bag leaves; bagged leaves will not be picked up.
To see a complete schedule of leaf pickup dates in your municipality, click here or view the PDF in the media box above.
[Collection on county roads in Lawrence Township will take place during the week of Nov. 28.]
In addition, for convenience, the county will post street signs a day or two in advance of a scheduled pickup on that street to alert residents to pile their leaves and not to park on the street.
Week of November 28, 2011 - Lawrence Township
- Carter Road / County Route 569
- Lawrence Station Road (Spur) / County Route 608
- Mercerville-Quakerbridge Road / County Route 533
- Princeton Avenue / County Route 583
- Rosedale-Princeton Road / County Route 604
- Rosedale Road / County Route 604 4
- Spruce Street / County Route 613
- Whitehead Road Extension / County Route 616
- Grover’s Mill Road Extension / County Route 683