As we look ahead to November’s elections, Lawrenceville Patch is devoted to bringing you the information you need about the races that will affect you. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- There is no Lawrence Township Council election this year.
- Mercer County Freeholders: Three seats on the Mercer County Board of Chosen Freeholders are up for grabs this year. Incumbents Ann M. Cannon, Pasquale “Pat” Colavita Jr., and Samuel T. Frisby Sr. are all seeking re-election. The Republican primary was won by James V. Castelize III, Joseph D’Angelo and David Walsh, however Castelize and D'Angelo have both since dropped out of the race.
- 12th Congressional District: Incumbent Rush Holt (D), who has been in office since 1998, will take on Republican challenger Eric Beck.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.