Editor's Office: The following is a news release issued by U.S. Rep. Rush Holt's office.
U.S. Rep. Rush Holt (NJ-12) today announced the names of the students who are serving as interns in his congressional office in the summer of 2012.
“It has been a pleasure to welcome these outstanding interns to my staff,” Holt said. “As a former educator, I am deeply impressed by their intelligence, willingness to learn, and commitment to public service. They are serving the people of central New Jersey with distinction.”
Congressional interns are selected on a competitive basis and contribute in a variety of ways to Holt’s service to central New Jersey, including aiding in legislative research, attending congressional hearings, conducting community outreach, and helping with office administrative duties. Interns in the spring session are serving from January through May 2013.
High school and college students who are interested in interning in future sessions are encouraged to visit http://holt.house.gov/ to learn more.
Interns in West Windsor, N.J., Office
- Mona Agarwal, Princeton Junction, NJ..
- Sophie Chen, West Windsor, N.J.
- Ziyi Liu, Cranbury, N.J.
- Simone Jackenthal, Ewing, N.J.
- Amrita Mojumdar, Monmouth Junction, N.J.
- Haley Morin, Pennington, N.J.
- Ann Sarnak, Princeton, N.J.
- Peter Smutko, Princeton, N.J.
- Chris Staronka, Wayne, N.J.
Interns in Washington, D.C. Office
- Maya Chhabra, Princeton, N.J.
- Elizabeth Coulter, Middletown, N.J.
- Spencer Evans, Monroe, N.J.
- Kelley Kling, Middletown, N.J.
- Alice Lahoda, Lawrenceville, N.J.
- Allison Lajeskie, North Brunswick, N.J.
- Andrew Robinson, Hillsborough, N.J.