One man and four women face multiple charges after they were arrested for what Lawrence Police say was conducting prostitution out of both The Comfort Inn and the Red Roof Inn in Lawrence.
The following were charged:
- Marcus Tukes,44, of Absecon, was charged with promoting prostitution. He was sent to Mercer County Corrections Center in lieu of $100,000 full bail.
- Courtney Glose, 28, of Brigantine was charged with promoting prostitution and possession of marijuana under 50 grams. She was released on a summons.
- Alaina Caraballo, 23, of Berlin was charged with prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia. She was sent to Mercer County Corrections Center in lieu of bail.
- Melissa Piercey, 23, of Hillsborough was charged with promoting prostitution, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a hypodermic needle. She was released on a summons.
- Amy McManany,25, of Dorchester, was charged with promoting prostitution and possession of drug paraphernalia. She was released on a summons.
- Victoria Madaffari, 25, of Quakertown, Pa. was charged with promoting prostitution. She was released on a summons.
Following an investigation, Lawrence Police set up a sting operation at The Comfort Inn and arrested Tukes on an outstanding warrant. During a search, police allegedly found him possessed marijuana, heroin, crack cocaine and powdered cocaine.Police then set up an appointment with McManany. When the officer went to her room, McManany was arrested. Police then went to the Red Roof Inn, where Glose, Caraballo and Piercey were arrested. Madaffari was charged a short time later.
According to police, Tukes set up Back Page accounts for the women and had them working out of both motels.