Here's another easy and delicious chicken recipe for you and your family. Do you like butternut squash? It's easy to find at this time of year in any local supermarket. This type of squash has potassium, calcium and fiber, so it's healthy to eat. The flavor of squash is also mild and tasty.
SQUASH AND PEPPER CHICKEN
- 8-10 chicken thighs or 12 chicken legs
- 1 large green bell pepper-cut up in chunks
- 1 butternut squash-peeled and chopped (remove seeds)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- olive oil spray
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and black pepper
1. Use 1 large baking pan or 2 medium sized ones- spray bottoms with oil.
2. Put chicken, peppers and squash in pans-distribute evenly.
3. Blend orange juice, cilantro, cumin, garlic and oregano in a small bowl.
4. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables evenly.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of everything.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes
7. Let cool a little and serve
You will love the Cuban style flavors in this delicious dinner meal. This dish can be served over rice or quinoa. My family enjoys this chicken dish and yours will too. Let me know what you think by sending me a note on Patch. Enjoy!