International Early Childhood Music Education Program to Hold Benefit Family Concert to Support Kids in Distressed Situations (K.I.D.S) Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief Fund
Music Together 25th Anniversary celebration concert now to be fundraising event
Hopewell, NJ, November 9, 2012 — On Saturday, December 1 and Sunday, December 2, Music Together will celebrate its 25th anniversary and raise funds for families affected by Hurricane Sandy with three benefit concerts. At each show, members of the “Music Together Band”—three popular Music Together recording artists who sing over 200 of the popular songs on the award-winning CDs—will bring many favorite Music Together songs to the live stage.
Continuing Music Together’s charitable commitment to families in need, tickets will be sold by donation with 100% of proceeds donated to the Kids In Distressed Situations (K.I.D.S.) Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief Fund. (www.KidsDonations.org.) In addition, at the concert Music Together will be collecting diapers and toys for families in need.
This is an exciting, rare, and affordable opportunity to hear the original artists “Mommy” (Lynn Lobban), “Daddy” (John McVey) and “Uncle Gerry” (Gerry Dignan) live in concert, and to sing and dance at this landmark celebration held at Music Together’s international headquarters in Hopewell, NJ.
- “FAMILIES SINGING FOR FAMILIES BENEFIT CONCERT”
- Shows: Saturday, December 1 at 9:15 AM and 11:00 AM; Sunday, December 2 at 10:30 AM
- Tickets: Purchase tickets online at www.musictogether.com/bandconcert. Suggested donation for tickets: $12/adult, $8/child (over age one). Everyone over age one must have a ticket.
- Length of show: Each concert will be approximately one hour.
- Seating: There is limited seating; reserve seats online. Limited tickets may be available on the day of the show, but not guaranteed.
- Diaper and Toy Drive: Music Together will be collecting diapers and toys for children affected by the hurricane, on site at the concert.
- Location: Music Together Headquarters, 225 Hopewell-Pennington Rd., Hopewell, NJ. For directions visit: http://www.musictogether.com/DirectionsToHeadquarters
- All attendees are invited to bring their favorite teddy bear or stuffed animal!
Celebrating its 25th Anniversary this academic year (2012-2013), Music Together is an internationally recognized early childhood music and movement program for children birth through age seven. The Music Together curriculum, coauthored in 1987 by Kenneth K. Guilmartin (Founder/Director) and Rowan University Professor of Music Education Dr. Lili M. Levinowitz (Director of Research), is based on the recognition that all children are musical: all children can learn to sing in tune, keep a beat, and participate with confidence in the music of our culture, provided that their early environment supports such learning.
Music Together offers programs for families; schools; at-risk populations; and children with special needs, in over 2000 communities in 40 countries around the world. The company is passionately committed to bringing children and their caregivers closer through shared music-making and helping people discover the joy---and the educational value---of early music experiences. More at www.musictogether.com and on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/MusicTogether
Kids in Distressed Situations was founded in 1985 with the mission of providing new kid-essentials to children and teens who have been impacted by disaster, poverty and tragedy. With a network of over 1,000 local partner agencies located in all 50 states and an overhead of less than 3%, K.I.D.S. is able to effectively and efficiently deliver products directly to children when and where they need it. Since its inception in 1985, K.I.D.S has provided almost 1 billion dollars to help nearly 70 million children. The charity continues to be recognized by Charity Navigator with its highest four star rating. The Chronicle of Philanthropy places K.I.D.S. among the top 2 percent of non-profits in the U.S. and Forbes Magazine ranks the charity 6th in fundraising efficiency. K.I.D.S. receives both product and financial donations directly from companies, foundations and individuals with 97% of the value of all donations going directly to the children and teens in need. To find out more, go to www.kidsdonations.org