Invite a friend
Memoir Writing Workshop for Seniors at the Library
This introductory course, facilitated by Maria Okros, is designed for seniors to reflect on a significant life experience and put it on paper.
More About Mercer County Library, Lawrence Branch
This facility is the Lawrence Township branch of the Mercer County Library and serves as the headquarters of the entire county library system. In addition to housing the library system's administrative offices and a large collection of books, audio tapes, CDs, movies and microfilm, this facility has many computers available that offer visitors free access to the Internet, including valuable electronic databases and resources like LexisNexis. Free wireless Internet access is also available.
A 1997 expansion added about 7,000 square feet of space to the library. Eight conference rooms are available for use by community and nonprofit groups. A variety of activities, from poetry readings and book club discussions to yoga classes and knitting circles, are held at the library every month. A detailed calendar of events can be found online.
Other events here
- Morning Book Club: Hitler’s Savage Canary, by David Lampe Today, May 20, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Off the Page Today, May 20, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Open Activity Room for Ages 1-5 Weekly on Mondays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Yoga practice Weekly on Mondays, 7:30 pm
- Yoga Today, May 20, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Story Time for Ages 2-5 Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:35 am
- Get Into Step Weekly on Tuesdays, 5:00 pm
- Get into Step at the Library Weekly on Tuesdays, 5:00 pm
- Science Fiction Book Club: The Stars My Destination, by Alfred Bester Tomorrow, May 21, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm