Invite a friend
Memoir Writing Group
Starting April 11, 2012, Shirley Norton will join the Lawrence Township Senior Memoir group and offer seven sessions of Memoir Writing (no class May 16) at the Lawrence Township Senior Center, 30 East Darrah Lane, Lawrenceville. Shirley studied Memoir writing at NYU and the New School in New York, and attended Women Writers’ Conferences at Skidmore for more than a dozen summers. Since 1988, she has led classes at the Princeton YWCA (11 years), Hollowbrook Senior Center (10 years), Pennington Point, Pennington Presbyterian Church, Hopewell Valley Senior Center, Mercer County Library, and First Presbyterian Church of Vero Beach, FL. Shirley conducts no-pressure classes designed to spark memories that participants record in writing for their own benefit and as a treasured gift for future generations. The Class meets on Wednesdays from 2-4 and is an ongoing program open to new members. Call the Senior Center for more information at 609-844-7048.
More About Lawrence Township Senior Center
Located on East Darrah Lane, adjacent to the Lawrence Township branch of the Mercer County Library, the Lawrence Township Senior Center serves as the headquarters of the Lawrence Township Office on Aging and offers a variety of activities for township residents 60 years of age and older.
Residents can enjoy activities such as bowling, dancing and yoga, take classes in acrylics and watercolor and attend health education lectures. Holiday concerts and other special events are held throughout the year. Originally opened in 1991, the Senior Center underwent a 900-square-foot expansion that was completed in 2010.
Detailed monthly schedules of activities and meetings held at the center can be found on the township Office on Aging's Web site.
Other events here
- Spanish Class Weekly on Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:30 am–11:30 am
- Line dancing Weekly on Wednesdays, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Zumba Gold Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:00 am–10:25 pm
- Bible Study Weekly on Wednesdays, 10:30 am–11:25 am
- Computer Tutoring for Seniors Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Busy Bees Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:00 pm
- Senior exercise Weekly on Mondays and Thursdays, 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Senior sewing club Weekly on Thursdays, 9:30 am–11:30 am
- Canasta at the Senior Center Weekly on Thursdays, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Pinochle at the Senior Center Weekly on Fridays, 9:00 am