Invite a friend
Electric Guitar Presentation
Guitarist Rich Chernock will talk about the history of the electric guitar, from the evolution of the original Hawaiian lap steel to today’s instruments. He will also explain how electric guitars work—along with the associated amplifiers and pedals. Music lovers will enjoy learning how their music actually gets turned into sound. Rick will bring some of his instruments and equipment to demonstrate after the talk. Registration suggested.
More About Mercer County Library, Lawrence Branch
This facility is the Lawrence Township branch of the Mercer County Library and serves as the headquarters of the entire county library system. In addition to housing the library system's administrative offices and a large collection of books, audio tapes, CDs, movies and microfilm, this facility has many computers available that offer visitors free access to the Internet, including valuable electronic databases and resources like LexisNexis. Free wireless Internet access is also available.
A 1997 expansion added about 7,000 square feet of space to the library. Eight conference rooms are available for use by community and nonprofit groups. A variety of activities, from poetry readings and book club discussions to yoga classes and knitting circles, are held at the library every month. A detailed calendar of events can be found online.
Other events here
- Story Time for Ages 2-5 Weekly on Saturdays, 11:00 am
- From the Burg to the Barrio Today, May 18, 2:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Morning Book Club: Hitler’s Savage Canary, by David Lampe Mon, May 20, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Off the Page Mon, May 20, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Open Activity Room for Ages 1-5 Weekly on Mondays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Yoga practice Weekly on Mondays, 7:30 pm
- Yoga Mon, May 20, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Story Time for Ages 2-5 Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:35 am
- Memoir Writing Workshop for Seniors at the Library Weekly on Tuesdays, 2:30 pm
- Get into Step at the Library Weekly on Tuesdays, 5:00 pm