Route 1 Redevelopment Testimony Resumes Tonight
Testimony about the proposed redevelopment of the Mrs. G TV and Appliances property and adjacent vacant lots along Route 1 will continue at a special meeting of the Lawrence Township Zoning Board of Adjustment today, Wednesday, Nov. 28.
Testimony concerning the proposed redevelopment of the Mrs. G TV and Appliances property and adjacent vacant lots that form the southeastern corner of the intersection of Route 1 (Brunswick Pike) and Bakers Basin Road will resume tonight, Wednesday, Nov. 28, when the Lawrence Township Zoning Board of Adjustment meets.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the lower level conference room of the municipal building at 2207 Lawrence Rd. (Route 206).
As part of the proposal, existing buildings on the properties – the current Mrs. G showroom, a vacant business, an abandoned diner, and three unoccupied homes – would be demolished.
Constructed in their place would be five stand-alone buildings that would house the Wawa, a new Mrs. G. store, a McDonald’s restaurant, a TD Bank branch, and a yet-to-be-determined tenant. The plan is before the zoning board because a number of conditional use and bulk variances are needed.
The last two zoning board meetings scheduled concerning the redevelopment plan - on Oct. 29 and Nov. 7 - were cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy and a snow storm.
- Oct. 12: "Wawa Operations, Traffic Impacts of Proposed Route 1 Redevelopment Focus of Latest Zoning Board Meeting"
- Sept. 27: “Route 1 Redevelopment Testimony to Continue Oct. 10”
- Aug. 21: “Route 1 Redevelopment Testimony to Resume in Sept.”
- July 25: “Zoners Hear Proposal to Redevelop Area of Route 1”
- April 16: “Proposed New Mrs. G Retail Center Would Bring New Jobs and Excitement to Route 1 Corridor in Lawrence”