Recipe: Jelly Chicken Legs
A quick and tasty dinner for a busy back to school schedule
School is back in session after a long and busy summer for everyone. Our kids are getting involved in sports and other after school activities.
Parents looking for easy weekday meals have come to look on Patch for great recipes. Here's a tasty chicken dish that your family will like and you can make it in a short amount of time.
Jelly Chicken Legs
- 12 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons of blueberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard (any type but dijon)
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Use a large rectangle baking dish (I use a glass one. If you use a metal one put a foil liner in it).
3. In a small bowl, add preserves, vinegar, soy sauce and mustard.
4. Mix up well until blended.
5. Put chicken in pan.
6. Brush mixture over legs.
7. Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
8. Pour chicken broth and 1/4 cup water around chicken in pan.
9. Bake chicken for 30 minutes and brush again with mixture.
10. Cook for 20-30 more minutes until brown on top and cooked through.
11. Enjoy this tasty dish.
This chicken is a nice meal served with brown or white rice. I also like to make a fresh salad to go with it.
You can serve pan drippings over the chicken or on the rice. A bottle of white wine served for the adults is really good with this meal after a work day or a busy week.