Photos: Chimney Fire Extinguished on Bergen Street
The Friday night blaze was contained to the fireplace and chimney, with no damage to the house on Bergen Street.
Volunteer firefighters from all three Lawrence Township fire companies, together with township police officers and a Lawrence Township ambulance crew, responded to a chimney fire in a home located at the corner of Bergen Street and Dix Lane shortly before 9:40 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12.
A shower of embers was visible coming from the top of the chimney when emergency personnel arrived, but the fire was quickly extinguished. There was no damage to the house itself; the blaze was contained to logs in the fireplace and creosote and other flammable material that coated the inside of the chimney, according to police and fire officials at the scene.