Lawrence Firefighters Help Battle Princeton House Fire
No one was injured in the Friday afternoon blaze in Princeton Borough.
Volunteer firefighters from Lawrence Township were among the crews that fought a house fire in Princeton Borough Friday afternoon (Nov. 23).
The home on Moore Street home sustained extensive damage after a resident accidentally started the fire by discarding his lit cigarette on a pile of dry leaves and a plastic rain diverter, according to Princeton Borough Police.
No one was hurt, but about than 60 firefighters and six emergency medical technicians responded to the blaze at 156 Moore St., the home of Marc and Susana Monseau, police said.
A resident called police at 12:42 p.m. and reported that the back of the house was on fire. When police arrived on scene a minute later, the residents were outside and the back of the house was engulfed in flames.
The fire had spread from the leaves and the rain diverter to the exterior wall and deck of the house, police said.
Firefighters brought the blaze under control by 1:35 p.m.
A damage estimate was not immediately available.
Helping the Princeton Fire Department battle the blaze were firefighters from the following area fire companies: Rocky Hill, Plainsboro, Princeton Plasma Physics, Kingston, Princeton Junction, Lawrenceville and Lawrence Road.