The close of business tomorrow, Tuesday, March 27, is the deadline to register in time to be eligible to vote on April 17 for the Lawrence Township school budget and township school board candidates, as well as the municipal tax referendum that will appear on the same ballot.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You will be 18 years of age by the next election;
- You will be a resident of the state and county 30 days before the election; and
- You are not currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction.
Completed registration applications should be delivered to the Mercer County Commissioner of Registration at the Mercer County Administration Building location at 640 S. Broad St. in Trenton. The phone number for the Mercer County Superintendent of Elections is (609) 989-6750.
For School Budget and School Board, See:
- Feb. 29: “Proposed School Budget Carries 3-Cent Tax Increase”
- Feb. 29: “Nine candidates File to Run for Lawrence School Board”
- Feb. 15: “School Board Keeps Election, Budget Vote in April”
- Jan. 11: “Lawrence School tax Rate Could Increase by 3 Cents”
For Municipal Tax Referendum, See:
- March 20: “Township Manager Answers Tax Referendum Questions”
- March 14: “Trash ‘User Fee’ Would Be Mandatory If Tax Referendum Is Voted Down”
- March 8: “Usage Rate for Sewer Bill to Increase 15 Percent”
- Feb. 23: “36 Layoffs, Recreation Cuts Rejected by Town Council”
- Feb. 9: “Details of Tax Referendum, Other Alternatives Given”
- Jan. 18: “Township Manager Presents Proposed 2012 Budget, Recommends Referendum to Exceed Tax Increase Cap”