What follows is a digest of activities, events and political discussions that will occur during the week of Feb. 28 through March 6. For more local events, visit the events calendar.
- Magician John Carlson will perform from 7 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. at the Lawrence headquarters of the Mercer County Library at 2751 Brunswick Pike. The show, which is geared for all ages, will feature magic, ventriloquism and even a bunny. Registration, which is required, can be done by phone at (609) 882-9246.
- Lawrence Township Shade Tree Advisory Committee, 7:30 p.m., Community Development Conference Room, Municipal Building, 2207 Lawrence Rd.
- Dr. Seuss Party for ages 2-5, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Lawrence headquarters of the Mercer County Library at 2751 Brunswick Pike. Celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday a day early, with stories read aloud by staff members. Included is a craft and refreshments sponsored by the Friends of the Lawrence Library. Registration, with the child's library card is required by phone (609) 882-9246 or online. Children without a valid library card can request to be put on a waiting list by phoning (609) 882-9246.
- Lawrence Township Council, 7 p.m., Municipal Building, 2207 Lawrence Rd. Budget introduction.
- Lawrence Township Open Space Advisory Committee, 7:30 p.m., Manager's Conference Room, Municipal Building, 2207 Lawrence Rd.
- Lawrence Township Recreation Advisory Committee, 7:30 p.m., Lower Level Conference Room, Municipal Building, 2207 Lawrence Rd.
- Jazz Café, 8 p.m., Herb Eckert Auditorium, South Brunswick Senior Center, 540 Ridge Road, Monmouth Junction. Vocalist and songwriter Laura Hull. Admission, $6.
Friday through Sunday:
- “A Little Night Music” at Kelsey Theatre, 7:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. on Sunday. Kelsey Theatre, Mercer County Community College, 1200 Old Trenton Rd., West Windsor. Tickets, $16 for adults, $14 for seniors, $12 for students and children.
- Meet Peter Facinelli of “Twilight Saga” film series, noon-5 p.m. Quaker Bridge Mall, Route 1, Lawrenceville. Facinelli, who plays Dr. Cullen in the series, will sign autographs and participate in a blood drive. Cost: $25 for autographs, $40 for pictures with Facinelli. A portion of the proceeds benefit Alex’s Lemonade Stand. First 25 to donate blood will receive autographed t-shirt and all donors will be entered into drawing to have dinner with Facinelli.
- Art exhibit and opening reception, 1-3 p.m., Gourgaud Gallery, Cranbury Town Hall 23A N. Main St., Cranbury. Opening for March exhibit, "Visions" by Charles Thaylor.